If you go to the ImageBam or Imgbox website, you will be greeted with a simple message that reads:
We’d like to inform you that we will be shutting down services on June 30th, 2017. Please download and backup your files before this date.
And that’s it. Just like that, both image hosts inform you that they are permanently shutting down! If you’re like me, you have been relying on these services for uploading and sharing your photos with forums and friends.
So I began looking for a replacement and I think I’ve actually found a free image host called ImageUpper.com that’s even better. You know why?
- Upload 50 photos in one click.
- Simple and clean layout so it’s FAST.
- Allows both family safe and adult photos.
- Even with that, NO pop-up ads
- NO annoying malware banners or redirects: What a novel idea.
- Uploaded images that actually display: Reliability with the full size images wasn’t always ImageBam’s strong suit.
- Unlimited storage space and bandwidth as long as your photos stay active. I.e. if you share them on a forum or on your site.
- They’ve been around for 11 years: Call me paranoid but with all the image hosts shutting down of late, I’d rather choose one that has been around for a while.
I hope this post helps those of you who are in my situtation looking for a ImageBam or Imgbox replacement . I’m still in the middle of downloading all of my photos before their arbitrary deadline.